Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose is a non-ionic cellulose ether obtained by a series of chemical processing with natural polymer material refined cotton as raw material. Mainly used in the construction industry: dry powder building materials such as water-resistant putty powder, putty paste, tempered putty, paint glue, masonry plastering mortar, dry powder thermal insulation mortar, etc.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose has good water retention effect, easy construction, and a variety of viscosity options, which can meet various needs. Well-functioning hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether can significantly improve the construction function, pumping and spraying functions of mortar, and is an important additive in mortar.
1. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose ether has excellent water retention function and is widely used in various mortars, including masonry mortar, plastering mortar and ground leveling mortar, to improve the bleeding condition of mortar.
2. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether has a significant thickening effect, improves the construction performance and workability of the mortar, changes the fluidity of the product, achieves the desired appearance effect, and improves the fullness and application volume of the mortar.
3. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether can improve the cohesion and operability of mortar, overcome common problems such as shelling and hollowing of general mortar, reduce blanking, save materials and reduce costs.
4. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether has a certain retarding effect, which can ensure the operating time of the mortar and improve the plasticity and construction effect of the mortar.
5. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether can introduce an appropriate amount of air bubbles, which can greatly improve the antifreeze function of the mortar and improve the durability of the mortar.
6. Cellulose ether is a substance that combines physical and chemical effects to retain water and thicken. During the hydration process, it can produce a substance that causes micro-swelling function, so that the mortar has a certain micro-swelling function and avoids water in the later stage of the mortar. The cracking caused by shortening during the chemical process improves the service life of the building.