Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is a kind of cellulose whose output and consumption are increasing rapidly. It is a non-ionic cellulose mixed ether prepared by a series of reactions with propylene oxide and methyl chloride as etherifying agents after alkali treatment of refined cotton. The degree of substitution is generally 1.2 to 2.0. Its properties vary depending on the ratio of methoxyl content and hydroxypropyl content. The following editor will take you into a cellulose: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
SLEOCHEM Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Product Description:
This product uses highly pure cotton cellulose as raw material, and is prepared by special etherification under alkaline conditions. The whole process is completed under automatic monitoring.
SLEOCHEM hydroxypropyl methylcellulose dissolution method:
1. All models can be added to the material by dry mixing;
2. When it needs to be directly added to the normal temperature aqueous solution, it is best to use the cold water dispersion type, and it will generally take 10-90 minutes to thicken after adding;
3. Ordinary models can be dissolved by stirring and dispersing with hot water first, then adding cold water, stirring and cooling;
4. If the phenomenon of agglomeration and wrapping occurs during dissolution, it is because the stirring is not sufficient or the ordinary model is directly added to the cold water. At this time, it should be stirred quickly.
5. If bubbles are generated during dissolution, it can be left for 2-12 hours (the specific time is determined by the consistency of the solution) or removed by vacuuming, pressurizing, etc., or adding an appropriate amount of defoaming agent.