Difference Between Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose and Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
1. Construction industry: As a water-retaining agent for cement mortar, the retarder is used for pumping water with mortar. Used as a binder in gypsum, plaster, putty powder or other building materials to improve applicability and prolong service life. Used as paste tile, marble, plastic decoration, paste enhancer, also can reduce the amount of cement. The water retention of HPMC enables the slurry to crack and dry after hardening.
2. Ceramic manufacturing: Ceramic products are widely used as binders in manufacturing.
3. Paint industry: As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the paint industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents. as a degreaser.
4. Ink printing: as a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the ink industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents.
5. Plastic: molding release agent, softener, lubricant, etc.
6. Polyvinyl chloride: PVC is produced as a dispersant, the main additive for the preparation of suspension polymerization PVC.
7. Others: This product is also widely used in leather, paper industry, fruit and vegetable preservation and textile industry.
Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC)
Hydroxyethyl cellulose as a nonionic surfactant has the following properties in addition to thickening, suspending, adhering, floating, filming, dispersing, retaining water and providing protective colloids,
1. HEC dissolves in hot or cold water, does not precipitate when boiled at high temperature, has a wide range of solubility and viscosity characteristics, and has no thermal gel;
2. Non-ionic can coexist with a wide range of other water-soluble polymers, surfactants, salts, and is a high-concentration electrolyte solution with excellent colloidal thickeners;
3. The water retention capacity is twice higher than that of methyl cellulose, with good flow regulation,
Uses: Usually used as thickeners, protective agents, adhesives, stabilizers and formulations of additives for emulsions, jellies, ointments, lotions, eye drops, suppositories and tablets, also as hydrophilic gels, matrix material, matrix type sustained-release formulation, can also be used as food stabilizer, etc.